In this issue of The Baptist Pietist Clarion, Wayne Roberts, Terri Hansen, Laura Gilbertson, and G.W. Carlson each contemplated the importance of forgiveness. (Hansen and GW also compiled a brief bibliography suggesting further reading on forgiveness.) That was also the theme of reprinted pieces from earlier writers in the Baptist Pietist tradition: John Alexis Edgren, Signe Olson Peterson, Karl Karlson, and Gordon Johnson.
In addition, Ron Saari drew on Galatians 5 to illustrate the importance of religious liberty and soul liberty for Baptists and other Christians, and Bethel Seminary church historian Chris Armstrong offered the first of his contributions on Pietism.
Click to download or view the September 2006 issue
- Wayne Roberts, “The Cost of Not Forgetting”
- Terri L. Hansen, “Forgiveness: Truly Divine!”
- Chris Armstrong, “Pietist Values: A Summary”
- Laura Gilbertson, “Ubuntu and Forgiveness: Lessons from South Africa”
- G. William Carlson and Diana Magnuson, “God’s Gift of Forgiveness: An Evangelistic Tract of John Alexis Edgren”
- John Alexis Edgren, “On the Sea of Life”
- “‘Forgive’: The Pietist Poetry of Signe Olson Peterson”
- “Christians as Forgiven People: Karl Karlson on The Lord’s Prayer“
- Ron W. Saari, “Christian Freedoms Baptists Value: Religious Liberty and Soul Liberty – Galatians 5:1, 13-14”
- “Living as Forgiven People: Prayers of Gordon Johnson”
- G. William Carlson, “Living as Forgiven People: Ten Principles of Authentic Forgiveness”
- G. William Carlson and Terri Hansen, “Forgiven and Forgiving People: A Selective Bibliography”
- “New Books by BGC and Bethel Authors”